Monday, July 6, 2009

Wolfenstein & RTCW

So in my 4th grade ADHD mood I was in today, waiting for Wolfenstein to come out on August 4, I decided to install Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Awesome game but I had some issues getting it to work on my Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit system. I followed the install guide here and walla! I got it to work. Cranked up the graphics and it barely even got my system warmed up!

Postscript, My system is as follows:

Mobo: MSI K9A2 Platinum
CPU: AMD Phenom x4 9850
Ram: 4gb ddr2 1066
GPU: Ati Radeon 4870

3 comments:

Scott Trimble said...

Here's the site I used:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Games/Native/ReturnToCastleWolfenstein

When install from a fresh install, do the fix for troubleshooting sound in order to get single player to work.

Currently working on getting multiplayer to work more to come.

Scott Trimble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott Trimble said...

If you would like to run RTCW on Ubuntu, do the following in the terminal:

wget mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/universe/g/gcc-2.95/libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2_2.95.4-24_i386.deb

sudo dpkg --force-architecture -i libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2_2.95.4-24_i386.deb

Then run wolfmp and have fun!